Job Posting Links
NOECA Job Posting
Network Support Specialist
Job Summary: To provide expertise both in-house and to districts in the area of networking connectivity of LAN (Local Area Network), WAN (Wide Area Network) and the Internet. Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of communications hardware and software required for reliable connectivity of the NOECA network.
- Strong technical skills as evidenced by an associate degree and/or equivalent combination of computer training and work experience.
- Experience in LAN/WAN connectivity and the installation, maintenance, and repair of computer hardware and software.
- Demonstrate knowledge of security systems including firewalls and web content filtering.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of current network communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Demonstrate ability to support networked printers and copiers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing and to interact positively with customers.
- Facilitation and change management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work with colleagues and strive to maintain good relations among peers.
- Maintain a good attendance record; be prompt and punctual to the work site.
- Demonstrate ability to work well independently with little or no guidance.
- Adhere to the Center’s policies and procedures. Follow proper channels in seeking answers to problems.
- Be open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform essential functions.
- Responsible for the LAN/WAN connectivity for ITC and the WAN connectivity for districts.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of routers, switches, and other network communication devices and software required for each component.
- Maintain up to date documentation, network configurations and schematics on the LAN/DMZ/WAN.
- Perform network administration including but not limited to backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems, internet access, office desktop and applications support.
- Assist districts in purchasing new LAN hardware and software by researching options and obtaining quotes from vendors.
- Evaluate performance of member districts’ Local Area Networks and, upon request, designs and/or redesigns LAN architecture.
- Provide training in networking and Internet technologies to district personnel as required.
- Responsible for the IP address assignments and routing concerns that impact LAN/WAN connections.
- Maintain in-house structured cabling system.
- Monitor operation of servers and execute hardware and software maintenance as required to assure effective, efficient and secure performance.
- Manage servers, filters and other devices to assure the efficient, effective and secure delivery of electronic mail to and from district personnel.
- Attend to additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Position: Full Time
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience
Reports to: Network Coordinator
Open Until Filled